Seal: Fans deserved explanation about Heidi Klum split
- Photo: SWAP / Splash News/Splash News1 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage2 of 16
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage3 of 16
- Photo: JERC/Bauer-Griffin4 of 16
- Photo: 'Ellen'/Promotional5 of 16
- Photo: SAE/ZOJ/WENN6 of 16
- Photo: Revolution Pix/PacificCoastNews.com7 of 16
- Photo: Rabbani and Solimene Photography/WireImage8 of 16
- Photo: Twitter9 of 16
- Photo: SK2/HSS/WENN10 of 16
- Photo: NC1/WENN11 of 16
- Photo: PMB/ZOJ/WENN12 of 16
- Photo: Randy Brooke/WireImage13 of 16
- Photo: Jason Nevader/WireImage14 of 16
- Photo: Michael Caulfield/WireImage15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
Soul singer Seal opted to open up about his recent split from Heidi Klum because he felt fans "deserved some kind of explanation" about the breakup.
The pair appeared to be one of Hollywood's strongest couples, renewing their vows annually, and they stunned many last month when they confirmed rumors that they had parted ways after a six-year marriage.
The singer has spoken out about the separation on chat shows and radio interviews, while Klum has remained largely silent.
RELATED: Hottest Grammy Couples
Speaking on Australian radio station 2DAY FM on Thursday, he said, "When you publicize your marriage as much as our marriage was publicized; when you renew wedding vows; when you do all those things ... you are giving them a picture of an ideal relationship, of a relationship that people aspire towards, and so when it goes south, you can't all of a sudden take the philosophy of (a) Celestine monk and decide to go for a vow of silence. It doesn't really work like that.
"And while I respect my wife's decision not to talk about it, I felt that people at least deserved some kind of explanation why their kind of picture of the ideal wasn't what they thought it was."
RELATED: Hottest Oscar Couples
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWedding Pics
From Crowd Ignite