Shakira: My Brother Saved Me From a Sea Lion Attack
- Photo: @shakira/Twitter1 of 20
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP2 of 20
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP3 of 20
- Photo: JEFF CHRISTENSEN/Invision/AP4 of 20
- Photo: Mark Shenley / Camera Press/Retna Ltd.5 of 20
- Photo: Prisma/Splash News6 of 20
- Photo: Prisma/Splash News7 of 20
- Photo: Jen Lowery/Splash News8 of 20
- Photo: JOSE LUIS MAGANA/Invision/AP9 of 20
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage10 of 20
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP11 of 20
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP12 of 20
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP13 of 20
- Photo: Chris Ashford / Camera Press/Retna Ltd.14 of 20
- Photo: Chris Ashford / Camera Press/Retna Ltd.15 of 20
- Photo: Katrin_Baer / interTOPICS/Retna Ltd.16 of 20
- Photo: Robert Smith/Retna Ltd.17 of 20
- Photo: Splash News18 of 20
- Photo: Jen Lowery/Splash News19 of 20
She may be a she wolf, but even Shakira can be fooled by the cute whiskered mug on a sea lion.
The singer took to her Facebook page Sunday to detail how she was charged by a wild sea lion while on a nature tour in Cape Town, South Africa, earlier in the day. The little guy was startled when the 35-year-old star tried to get a closer look and take a photo.
"Suddenly, one of them jumped out of the water so fast and impetuously that it got about one foot away from me, looked me in the eye, roared in fury and tried to bite me," she wrote. "I was paralyzed by fear and couldn't move, I just kept eye contact with it while my brother 'Super Tony' jumped over me and literally saved my life, taking me away from the beast."
The Colombian beauty and her brother managed to get away with only some scrapes from the rocks.
"I believe what happened is that it confused the shiny reflection of the BlackBerry I was taking these pics with, with some sort of fish. It probably thought I was teasing it with food and then taking it away from it," Shakira wrote.
But as it turns out, one sea lion isn't going to prevent the star from enjoying the rest of her vacation.
"Today with the penguins! Definitely friendlier!" the star posted later that day with a pic of her sitting amonga few of her new winged friends.
RELATED ON WONDERWALL & MSN:
Beyonce rocks a one-piece, plus more of the best celeb swimsuit moments of summer 2015 thus far on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Bellamy Young chats attachment to her "Scandal" wig, dishes on her hopes for season five and more!Watch Video »
From Taylor Swift to Diane Kruger, check out the celebs with the best summer street style!Watch Video »
Check out Diane Kruger, Elizabeth Banks, and Kendall Jenner's style statements on OMG Celeb Fashion hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Learn how you can get Jennifer Lawrence's fresh-faced glow at home on the latest episode of Wonderwall.com's DIY Celeb Makeup.Watch Video »
Jada Pinkett Smith, Amber Heard and co-stars dish on what it was like on set of "Magic Mike XXL" with Wonderwall.com's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek in Photos
From Crowd Ignite