Shakira: My Brother Saved Me From a Sea Lion Attack
- Photo: @shakira/Twitter1 of 20
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP2 of 20
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP3 of 20
- Photo: JEFF CHRISTENSEN/Invision/AP4 of 20
- Photo: Mark Shenley / Camera Press/Retna Ltd.5 of 20
- Photo: Prisma/Splash News6 of 20
- Photo: Prisma/Splash News7 of 20
- Photo: Jen Lowery/Splash News8 of 20
- Photo: JOSE LUIS MAGANA/Invision/AP9 of 20
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage10 of 20
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP11 of 20
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP12 of 20
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP13 of 20
- Photo: Chris Ashford / Camera Press/Retna Ltd.14 of 20
- Photo: Chris Ashford / Camera Press/Retna Ltd.15 of 20
- Photo: Katrin_Baer / interTOPICS/Retna Ltd.16 of 20
- Photo: Robert Smith/Retna Ltd.17 of 20
- Photo: Splash News18 of 20
- Photo: Jen Lowery/Splash News19 of 20
She may be a she wolf, but even Shakira can be fooled by the cute whiskered mug on a sea lion.
The singer took to her Facebook page Sunday to detail how she was charged by a wild sea lion while on a nature tour in Cape Town, South Africa, earlier in the day. The little guy was startled when the 35-year-old star tried to get a closer look and take a photo.
"Suddenly, one of them jumped out of the water so fast and impetuously that it got about one foot away from me, looked me in the eye, roared in fury and tried to bite me," she wrote. "I was paralyzed by fear and couldn't move, I just kept eye contact with it while my brother 'Super Tony' jumped over me and literally saved my life, taking me away from the beast."
The Colombian beauty and her brother managed to get away with only some scrapes from the rocks.
"I believe what happened is that it confused the shiny reflection of the BlackBerry I was taking these pics with, with some sort of fish. It probably thought I was teasing it with food and then taking it away from it," Shakira wrote.
But as it turns out, one sea lion isn't going to prevent the star from enjoying the rest of her vacation.
"Today with the penguins! Definitely friendlier!" the star posted later that day with a pic of her sitting amonga few of her new winged friends.
RELATED ON WONDERWALL & MSN:
DIY Celeb Makeup
Find out how to get Jenna Dewan Tatum's long-lasting matte lip on DIY Celeb Makeup.Watch Video »
Check out the biggest celeb makeup mistakes.Watch Video »
Real 'RHOC' Dish
"Real Housewives of OC" star Shannon Beador dishes about her family, her relationship with Vicki Gunvalson and what to expect from the reunion!Watch Video »
Tats for Love
From Heidi Klum and Seal to Ryan Sweeting and Kaley Cuoco, see which stars got tattoos for love.Watch Video »
Perry in Peru
Check out Katy Perry's best posts from Peru during the South American leg of her Prismatic World Tour on this week's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
DIY Celeb Makeup
We show you how to get Taylor Swift's blue eye shadow look on "DIY Celeb Makeup."Watch Video »