Singer Adele has vocal cord surgery in Boston
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com1 of 16
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage.com2 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com3 of 16
- Photo: Vogue/Promotional4 of 16
- Photo: JMAB/VMAB/WENN5 of 16
- Photo: Isaac Brekken/.6 of 16
- Photo: Jeff Christensen/Invision/AP7 of 16
- Photo: Cosmopolitan/Promotional8 of 16
- Photo: WENN9 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP10 of 16
- Photo: RollingStone.com/Promotional11 of 16
- Photo: Elle12 of 16
- Photo: Jason DeCrow/Invision/AP13 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP14 of 16
- Photo: Demis Maryannakis/Splash News15 of 16
BOSTON (AP) -- Adele has undergone throat surgery to stop a recurrent condition that caused her to cancel tour dates and promotional appearances for the rest of the year.
A spokesman for Massachusetts General Hospital says the British singer underwent vocal cord microsurgery to stop recurrent bleeding from a benign polyp. The condition is usually the result of unstable blood vessels in the vocal cord that can rupture.
The hospital says the 23-year-old Grammy winner came to Boston to undergo the surgery with Dr. Steven Zeitels, director of the Massachusetts General Hospital Voice Center. The hospital says Zeitels expects Adele to make a full recovery from the laser microsurgery.
Columbia Records announced last month that the "Rolling in the Deep" singer would have throat surgery.
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is up to today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTCaitlyn At Pride
From Crowd Ignite