Singer Adele has vocal cord surgery in Boston
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com1 of 16
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage.com2 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com3 of 16
- Photo: Vogue/Promotional4 of 16
- Photo: JMAB/VMAB/WENN5 of 16
- Photo: Isaac Brekken/.6 of 16
- Photo: Jeff Christensen/Invision/AP7 of 16
- Photo: Cosmopolitan/Promotional8 of 16
- Photo: WENN9 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP10 of 16
- Photo: RollingStone.com/Promotional11 of 16
- Photo: Elle12 of 16
- Photo: Jason DeCrow/Invision/AP13 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP14 of 16
- Photo: Demis Maryannakis/Splash News15 of 16
BOSTON (AP) -- Adele has undergone throat surgery to stop a recurrent condition that caused her to cancel tour dates and promotional appearances for the rest of the year.
A spokesman for Massachusetts General Hospital says the British singer underwent vocal cord microsurgery to stop recurrent bleeding from a benign polyp. The condition is usually the result of unstable blood vessels in the vocal cord that can rupture.
The hospital says the 23-year-old Grammy winner came to Boston to undergo the surgery with Dr. Steven Zeitels, director of the Massachusetts General Hospital Voice Center. The hospital says Zeitels expects Adele to make a full recovery from the laser microsurgery.
Columbia Records announced last month that the "Rolling in the Deep" singer would have throat surgery.
Penelope + North
Kim Kardashian chaperones North and Penelope as the family celebrates Mason's fifth birthday on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Miley Cyrus and Patrick Schwarzenegger to Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble; check out these odd celebrity couples.Watch Video »
From Johnny and Amber to Donnie and Jenny, see more star couples who got engaged in 2014.Watch Video »
Style Moments '14
From Kerry Washington to Emma Watson, check out the biggest style moments of 2014.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHot Bod!
From Crowd Ignite