Singer Adele has vocal cord surgery in Boston
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com1 of 16
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage.com2 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com3 of 16
- Photo: Vogue/Promotional4 of 16
- Photo: JMAB/VMAB/WENN5 of 16
- Photo: Isaac Brekken/.6 of 16
- Photo: Jeff Christensen/Invision/AP7 of 16
- Photo: Cosmopolitan/Promotional8 of 16
- Photo: WENN9 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP10 of 16
- Photo: RollingStone.com/Promotional11 of 16
- Photo: Elle12 of 16
- Photo: Jason DeCrow/Invision/AP13 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP14 of 16
- Photo: Demis Maryannakis/Splash News15 of 16
BOSTON (AP) -- Adele has undergone throat surgery to stop a recurrent condition that caused her to cancel tour dates and promotional appearances for the rest of the year.
A spokesman for Massachusetts General Hospital says the British singer underwent vocal cord microsurgery to stop recurrent bleeding from a benign polyp. The condition is usually the result of unstable blood vessels in the vocal cord that can rupture.
The hospital says the 23-year-old Grammy winner came to Boston to undergo the surgery with Dr. Steven Zeitels, director of the Massachusetts General Hospital Voice Center. The hospital says Zeitels expects Adele to make a full recovery from the laser microsurgery.
Columbia Records announced last month that the "Rolling in the Deep" singer would have throat surgery.
Chrissy Teigen cries over cheese, plus more of her funniest Instagram moments.Watch Video »
From Nicole Richie to Miley Cyrus, check out these embarrassing celebrity bikini malfunctions!Watch Video »
Tats for Love
From Heidi Klum and Seal to Ryan Sweeting and Kaley Cuoco, see which stars got tattoos for love.Watch Video »
See how Sarah Michelle Gellar, Cindy Crawford and more stars celebrated Cinco de Mayo on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Gisele Bundchen and Tom Brady's cutest family moments on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Shailene Woodley and the stars of "Divergent" chat phobias and on-set injuries at the film's world premiere.Watch Video »