Singer Adele has vocal cord surgery in Boston
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com1 of 16
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage.com2 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com3 of 16
- Photo: Vogue/Promotional4 of 16
- Photo: JMAB/VMAB/WENN5 of 16
- Photo: Isaac Brekken/.6 of 16
- Photo: Jeff Christensen/Invision/AP7 of 16
- Photo: Cosmopolitan/Promotional8 of 16
- Photo: WENN9 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP10 of 16
- Photo: RollingStone.com/Promotional11 of 16
- Photo: Elle12 of 16
- Photo: Jason DeCrow/Invision/AP13 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP14 of 16
- Photo: Demis Maryannakis/Splash News15 of 16
BOSTON (AP) -- Adele has undergone throat surgery to stop a recurrent condition that caused her to cancel tour dates and promotional appearances for the rest of the year.
A spokesman for Massachusetts General Hospital says the British singer underwent vocal cord microsurgery to stop recurrent bleeding from a benign polyp. The condition is usually the result of unstable blood vessels in the vocal cord that can rupture.
The hospital says the 23-year-old Grammy winner came to Boston to undergo the surgery with Dr. Steven Zeitels, director of the Massachusetts General Hospital Voice Center. The hospital says Zeitels expects Adele to make a full recovery from the laser microsurgery.
Columbia Records announced last month that the "Rolling in the Deep" singer would have throat surgery.
Check out Salma Hayek's most wonderfully wacky Instagram posts on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Takes on Tinder!
Watch this trailer for Cameron Diaz's and Jason Segel's new movie "Bad Teacher."Watch Video »
Brooke Shields: 'Skanky' on 'The Middle'
Brooke Shields goes trashy -- sporting a mullet, a tattoo, a cold sore and drinking beer -- but...Watch Video »
From Elsa Pataky to Ginnifer Goodwin, see some of Hollywood's new baby bumps on Wonderwall Replay.Watch Video »