Singer Bjork's vocal cord surgery successful
- Photo: JM8/WENN1 of 14
- Photo: FCL/ZOB/http://www.wenn.com/2 of 14
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy for The Webby Awards/WireImage3 of 14
- Photo: WENN4 of 14
- Photo: Invision/AP5 of 14
- Photo: Richie Buxo/Splash News6 of 14
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage.com7 of 14
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage.com8 of 14
- Photo: CMG/ZOJ/WENN9 of 14
- Photo: Demis Maryannakis/Pacific Coast News10 of 14
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage11 of 14
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage.com12 of 14
- Photo: Pacific Coast News13 of 14
LONDON (AP) -- Icelandic singer Bjork says she has had successful surgery to remove a vocal cord polyp.
RELATED: Fall fashion face-off
The eccentric 47-year-old singer says on her official website that she had been trying to tackle the problem with exercises and diets since doctors first discovered the polyp, a benign growth on either one or both of the vocal cords, several years ago.
Bjork said that she decided to undergo laser surgery and it has worked, though she had to stay quiet for three weeks.
RELATED: Trend Report: '90s Style
She wrote: "Surgery rocks! ... It's been very satisfying to sing all them clear notes again."
RELATED: Stars with the edgiest style
The singer apologized for cancelling various shows earlier this year, and that she looked forward to singing for her fans next year.
Last year Adele had minor surgery to remove a benign polyp.
Wonderwall.com goes behind the scenes at the 2015 American Music AwardsWatch Video »
In honor of the 10th anniversary of "Just Friends," check out how the stars of the film have changed.Watch Video »
Get the Duggar dish on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Tats for Love
From Heidi Klum and Seal to Ryan Sweeting and Kaley Cuoco, see which stars got tattoos for love.Watch Video »
Shailene Woodley and the stars of "Divergent" chat phobias and on-set injuries at the film's world premiere.Watch Video »
Stars chat with Wonderwall.com on the red carpet at the 2015 American Music AwardsWatch Video »