Singer Darius Rucker has street named for him
- Photo: Isaac Brekken/Invision/AP1 of 9
- Photo: Jason Merritt/GettyImages.com2 of 9
- Photo: Frank Micelotta/Invision/AP3 of 9
- Photo: Christopher Polk/GettyImages.com4 of 9
- Photo: Christopher Polk/GettyImages.com5 of 9
- Photo: Christopher Polk/Getty Images North America6 of 9
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP7 of 9
- Photo: Larry Busacca/GettyImages.com8 of 9
NORTH CHARLESTON, S.C. (AP) -- Darius Rucker has hit the top of the charts both as frontman for Hootie & the Blowfish and as a country artist. And now, he has a street named after him.
RELATED: Country music gossip
The street leading to the North Charleston Coliseum in South Carolina where Hootie & the Blowfish played in the 1990s shortly after it opened was renamed Darius Rucker Boulevard on Monday.
Rucker grew up in the Charleston area and was on hand for the ceremony along with North Charleston Mayor Keith Summey.
Rucker says he may return to the coliseum this fall to play a country set.
But first he plays with Hootie & the Blowfish at the Family Circle Stadium on Daniel Island next week.
RELATED: Craziest country music fashion
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is up to today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTRoyal Romance
From Crowd Ignite