Singer Lauryn Hill faces federal tax charges
- Photo: Patrick Semansky/Invision/AP1 of 11
- Photo: ZOM/ZOB/WENN2 of 11
- Photo: Michael Caufield/WireImage.com3 of 11
- Photo: Spencer Weiner/Invision/AP4 of 11
- Photo: Wonderwall5 of 11
- Photo: RH5/ZOB/WENN6 of 11
- Photo: HRC/WENN7 of 11
- Photo: PN2/ARB/WENN8 of 11
- Photo: RL2/ZOB/WENN9 of 11
- Photo: JLC/ZOJ/WENN10 of 11
NEWARK, N.J. (AP) -- Federal prosecutors have charged five-time Grammy winner Lauryn Hill with willfully failing to file income tax returns with the IRS.
Authorities say Hill earned more than $1.6 million during the three years that she failed to file returns. Prosecutors say her primary source of income is royalties from the recording and film industries.
RELATED: Stars With Money Woes
The 37-year-old South Orange, N.J., resident is scheduled to appear before a federal magistrate on June 29.
Hill got her start with The Fugees and began her solo career in 1998 with the critically acclaimed album, "The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill."
Bellamy Young chats attachment to her "Scandal" wig, dishes on her hopes for season five and more!Watch Video »
From Taylor Swift to Diane Kruger, check out the celebs with the best summer street style!Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek in Photos
From Crowd Ignite