Singer R. Kelly has emergency surgery on tonsil
- Photo: Nam Y. Huh/Invision/AP1 of 15
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage.com2 of 15
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.3 of 15
- Photo: Johnny Louis/WENN4 of 15
- Photo: MARK J. TERRILL/Invision/AP5 of 15
- Photo: STUART RAMSON/Invision/AP6 of 15
- Photo: John Bazemore/Invision/AP7 of 15
- Photo: M. Spencer Green/Invision/AP8 of 15
- Photo: Eric Jamison/Invision/AP9 of 15
- Photo: Retna Digital10 of 15
- Photo: Retna Digital11 of 15
- Photo: Charles Rex Arbogast/Invision/AP12 of 15
- Photo: Nam Y. Huh/Invision/AP13 of 15
- Photo: Jerry Lai/Invision/AP14 of 15
CHICAGO (AP) -- A spokesman for R. Kelly says the R&B singer is in the hospital after emergency throat surgery.
Kelly publicist Allan Mayer said Wednesday that doctors drained an abscess on one of Kelly's tonsils on Tuesday and that the singer will be "laid up indefinitely" at Chicago's Northwestern Memorial Hospital.
RELATED: The best Grammy fashion lessons
Mayer says Kelly had been complaining of throat pain recently and was rushed to the hospital after a throat exam.
Check out some of Kim Kardashian's tightest outfits.Watch Video »
In case you missed it, here's everything you need to know about Princess Charlotte in two minutes.Watch Video »
Ice Cream Social
Love is in the air for Sofia Vergara and Joe Manganiello, plus more Hollywood power couples on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Mandy & Minka
From girls’ nights out to working out, see how Minka Kelly is helping Mandy Moore cope post-breakup!Watch Video »
From Chrissy Teigen to Jessica Simpson, check out the celebs rocking retro looks!Watch Video »
Kelly Osbourne and more stars chat Oscar style, their favorite fashionistas, Hollywood power couples and more!Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTwife defending
From Crowd Ignite