Singer R. Kelly has emergency surgery on tonsil
- Photo: Nam Y. Huh/Invision/AP1 of 15
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage.com2 of 15
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.3 of 15
- Photo: Johnny Louis/WENN4 of 15
- Photo: MARK J. TERRILL/Invision/AP5 of 15
- Photo: STUART RAMSON/Invision/AP6 of 15
- Photo: John Bazemore/Invision/AP7 of 15
- Photo: M. Spencer Green/Invision/AP8 of 15
- Photo: Eric Jamison/Invision/AP9 of 15
- Photo: Retna Digital10 of 15
- Photo: Retna Digital11 of 15
- Photo: Charles Rex Arbogast/Invision/AP12 of 15
- Photo: Nam Y. Huh/Invision/AP13 of 15
- Photo: Jerry Lai/Invision/AP14 of 15
CHICAGO (AP) -- A spokesman for R. Kelly says the R&B singer is in the hospital after emergency throat surgery.
Kelly publicist Allan Mayer said Wednesday that doctors drained an abscess on one of Kelly's tonsils on Tuesday and that the singer will be "laid up indefinitely" at Chicago's Northwestern Memorial Hospital.
RELATED: The best Grammy fashion lessons
Mayer says Kelly had been complaining of throat pain recently and was rushed to the hospital after a throat exam.
Where Are They?
Find out what the cast of "The Princess Bride" is up to today.Watch Video »
Dissed By Snoop
A Snoop Dogg superfan gets dissed by his favorite rapper on New Year's Eve.Watch Video »
Kristen Stewart, Kate Hudson, and Jennifer Lopez all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
"DWTS" champion Val Chmerkovskiy gave Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen a salsa lesson, dished on his win, that heavy mirror ball trophy, and the upcoming tour!Watch Video »
Sarah Michelle Gellar, Gwyneth Paltrow, Kim Kardashian and more show off their best Throwback Thursday pics on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Brooklyn Decker chats about filming "Battleship" in Hawaii and more with Wonderwall's Lisa Ingrassia.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
From Crowd Ignite