Singer R. Kelly has emergency surgery on tonsil
- Photo: Nam Y. Huh/Invision/AP1 of 15
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage.com2 of 15
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.3 of 15
- Photo: Johnny Louis/WENN4 of 15
- Photo: MARK J. TERRILL/Invision/AP5 of 15
- Photo: STUART RAMSON/Invision/AP6 of 15
- Photo: John Bazemore/Invision/AP7 of 15
- Photo: M. Spencer Green/Invision/AP8 of 15
- Photo: Eric Jamison/Invision/AP9 of 15
- Photo: Retna Digital10 of 15
- Photo: Retna Digital11 of 15
- Photo: Charles Rex Arbogast/Invision/AP12 of 15
- Photo: Nam Y. Huh/Invision/AP13 of 15
- Photo: Jerry Lai/Invision/AP14 of 15
CHICAGO (AP) -- A spokesman for R. Kelly says the R&B singer is in the hospital after emergency throat surgery.
Kelly publicist Allan Mayer said Wednesday that doctors drained an abscess on one of Kelly's tonsils on Tuesday and that the singer will be "laid up indefinitely" at Chicago's Northwestern Memorial Hospital.
RELATED: The best Grammy fashion lessons
Mayer says Kelly had been complaining of throat pain recently and was rushed to the hospital after a throat exam.
Vin Diesel and "Furious 7" co-stars chat losing Paul Walker and what it meant to have his real-life brothers fill in to complete his role in the film.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Biel, see what your favorite celebs look like sans makeup.Watch Video »
Cute Fam Moments!
Check out Sarah Michelle Gellar and Freddie Prinze Jr.'s cutest family moments on Instagram on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Jennifer Lopez to Reese Witherspoon, check out these priceless red carpet throwback pictures!Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Dwayne Johnson chats "Furious 7" and dishes on his teen daughter's love of trucks with Wonderwall.Watch Video »