Singer R. Kelly has emergency surgery on tonsil
- Photo: Nam Y. Huh/Invision/AP1 of 15
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage.com2 of 15
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.3 of 15
- Photo: Johnny Louis/WENN4 of 15
- Photo: MARK J. TERRILL/Invision/AP5 of 15
- Photo: STUART RAMSON/Invision/AP6 of 15
- Photo: John Bazemore/Invision/AP7 of 15
- Photo: M. Spencer Green/Invision/AP8 of 15
- Photo: Eric Jamison/Invision/AP9 of 15
- Photo: Retna Digital10 of 15
- Photo: Retna Digital11 of 15
- Photo: Charles Rex Arbogast/Invision/AP12 of 15
- Photo: Nam Y. Huh/Invision/AP13 of 15
- Photo: Jerry Lai/Invision/AP14 of 15
CHICAGO (AP) -- A spokesman for R. Kelly says the R&B singer is in the hospital after emergency throat surgery.
Kelly publicist Allan Mayer said Wednesday that doctors drained an abscess on one of Kelly's tonsils on Tuesday and that the singer will be "laid up indefinitely" at Chicago's Northwestern Memorial Hospital.
RELATED: The best Grammy fashion lessons
Mayer says Kelly had been complaining of throat pain recently and was rushed to the hospital after a throat exam.
From Britney Spears’ body to her love life, get all the buzz on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Chrissy Teigen shows off her hidden talent for magic tricks while hubby John Legend plays with his new selfie stick on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Sexy Video Shoot
Fergie shares sexy behind-the-scenes photos from her music video shoot on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Kelly Carkson introduces her baby girl on Instagram, plus more stars who debuted their newborns on social media in 2014 on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
George's Big Day
Get the scoop on Prince George's royal christening and more on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Check out The Rock's best Instagram videos of 2014 on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTChristmas Wishes
From Crowd Ignite