Singer R. Kelly has emergency surgery on tonsil
- Photo: Nam Y. Huh/Invision/AP1 of 15
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage.com2 of 15
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.3 of 15
- Photo: Johnny Louis/WENN4 of 15
- Photo: MARK J. TERRILL/Invision/AP5 of 15
- Photo: STUART RAMSON/Invision/AP6 of 15
- Photo: John Bazemore/Invision/AP7 of 15
- Photo: M. Spencer Green/Invision/AP8 of 15
- Photo: Eric Jamison/Invision/AP9 of 15
- Photo: Retna Digital10 of 15
- Photo: Retna Digital11 of 15
- Photo: Charles Rex Arbogast/Invision/AP12 of 15
- Photo: Nam Y. Huh/Invision/AP13 of 15
- Photo: Jerry Lai/Invision/AP14 of 15
CHICAGO (AP) -- A spokesman for R. Kelly says the R&B singer is in the hospital after emergency throat surgery.
Kelly publicist Allan Mayer said Wednesday that doctors drained an abscess on one of Kelly's tonsils on Tuesday and that the singer will be "laid up indefinitely" at Chicago's Northwestern Memorial Hospital.
RELATED: The best Grammy fashion lessons
Mayer says Kelly had been complaining of throat pain recently and was rushed to the hospital after a throat exam.
'Full House' 2
Get all the scoop on who's in and who's out for Netflix's "Fuller House," on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Check out everything you need to know about Brooklyn Beckham from Instagram on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Shailene Woodley and the stars of "Divergent" chat phobias and on-set injuries at the film's world premiere.Watch Video »
Blake Lively chats motherhood, HGTV and rocking an amazing wardrobe in "The Age of Adaline" on Wonderwall.Watch Video »
Taylor Swift and her brother celebrate Easter with an epic egg hunt on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
DIY Celeb Makeup
We show you how to get Taylor Swift's blue eye shadow look on "DIY Celeb Makeup."Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTI am a Woman
From Crowd Ignite