Elton John has appendix removed
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP1 of 15
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage2 of 15
- Photo: SLB/ZDS/WENN3 of 15
- Photo: Maurizio La Pira/Splash News4 of 15
- Photo: SFA/ZOJ/WENN5 of 15
- Photo: Stefanie Keenan/Getty Images North America6 of 15
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/Getty Images North America7 of 15
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN8 of 15
- Photo: Photoshot/Retna Ltd.9 of 15
- Photo: SNAPPER/REHAB/Bauer-Griffin10 of 15
- Photo: Rex USA/.11 of 15
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP12 of 15
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage13 of 15
- Photo: Tina Lau/Splash News14 of 15
Elton John is "recovering well" after undergoing an operation to have his appendix removed, according to his publicist.
RELATED: Dads out & about with their kids
The "Rocket Man" singer had the procedure done at the Princess Grace Hospital in Monaco on Thursday and is believed to be recuperating at his home in Nice, France.
RELATED: Long-lasting couples
The 66-year-old singer was struck down with appendicitis while on his latest tour, prompting him to postpone the remaining dates of his European tour this summer. Last month, the star admitted he had risked death by performing concerts while unknowingly battling appendicitis.
RELATED: Celebs who changed their names
He told Britain's The Sun, "I'm lucky to be alive. I was a ticking time bomb. I guess I could have died at any time. I feel so lucky and so grateful to be alive. I played nine gigs and the White Tie and Tiara Summer Ball in agony."
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is up to today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTVal's Moves
From Crowd Ignite