Smash Mouth Star Granted Restraining Order From Wife, Files for Divorce
- Photo: J. Countess/WireImage1 of 5
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage2 of 5
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage3 of 5
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage4 of 5
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
Smash Mouth bass player Paul De Lisle and his wife Mary have filed restraining orders against each other as part of a legal spat following domestic abuse allegations.
The "All Star" hitmaker, who co-founded the band in 1994, has been accused of beating his wife but, according to legal papers he has filed -- obtained by TMZ.com -- he's the victim.
Mary obtained her restraining order in December after claiming her then-estranged husband had threatened to beat her.
RELATED: Reunions That Need To Happen
She claimed De Lisle had "slapped me in the head and back, thrown objects at me, locked me in a closet, locked me out of the house, broken down doors to get to me, pinned me on the ground and sat on my chest, dragged me out of bed by my ankles."
And now the rocker has obtained his own restraining order, stating Mary "grabbed my hair and struck me with several blows, she kicked me and tried to break my fingers... in an attempt to render me unable to play music, which is what I do for a living." He also claims she threatened him with a knife.
De Lisle has also filed for divorce and is requesting sole legal and physical custody of the couple's two-year-old daughter.
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTUnder Pressure
From Crowd Ignite