Solange Knowles: Beyonce Will Be 'Phenomenal Mother'
- Photo: JUSTIN CAMPBELL/StarTraks1 of 24
- Photo: JUSTIN CAMPBELL/StarTraks2 of 24
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP3 of 24
- Photo: Splash News4 of 24
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP5 of 24
- Photo: London Entertainment/Splash News6 of 24
- Photo: L. Cohen/WireImage.com7 of 24
- Photo: L. Cohen/WireImage.com8 of 24
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage.com9 of 24
- Photo: Je T'aime / Splash News/Splash News10 of 24
- Photo: Shizuo Kambayashi/Invision/AP11 of 24
- Photo: Jason Merritt/WireImage.com12 of 24
- Photo: AXELLE WOUSSEN/Bauer-Griffin13 of 24
- Photo: JUSTIN CAMPBELL/StarTraks14 of 24
- Photo: Charles Krupa/Invision/AP15 of 24
- Photo: USMagazine16 of 24
- Photo: Yearbook Library/Promotional17 of 24
- Photo: WENN18 of 24
- Photo: WENN19 of 24
- Photo: Demis Maryannakis/Splash News20 of 24
- Photo: Joe Schildhorn/BFAnyc.com/.21 of 24
- Photo: Caroline Eluyemi/Retna Ltd.22 of 24
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP23 of 24
By Jon Warech with reporting by Ericka Goodman
With motherhood around the corner for Beyonce, one person who can certainly give her pointers is her sister Solange Knowles, who gave birth to son Daniel Julez Smith Jr. in 2004. But according to Solange, Beyonce will be just fine.
"She doesn't need my help," Solange told Wonderwall at Samantha Black's Technicolor Dreams Runway Presentation at Style 360 at Metropolitan Pavilion in New York. "She'll be a phenomenal mother with great instincts like our mother. She's going to be great."
Solange and her sister have been hopping around New York Fashion Week, an event that has to be planned properly for a mother.
"It's been a very interesting Fashion Week, because I've been making sure that I drop off and pick up my son every day from school," she said. "So my Fashion Week consists of like 9 a.m. to 2 p.m."
Juggling a social life and motherhood can be difficult -- a task Beyonce certainly has to look forward to -- but Solange is a pro.
"I stay in the cut; I stay low," she said of her time at fashion shows. "I mean, I don't draw attention to myself. My son is in bed, and I'm just having my little cocktail and enjoying myself."
Long nights and busy days are in Beyonce's future, but regardless of whether Beyonce (who is reportedly due in February) has a boy or a girl, Solange says she is excited.
"Either way I'm going to be a proud auntie!"
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is up to today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTJoe and Sofia
From Crowd Ignite