Sonic Youth's Kim Gordon, Thurston Moore Separate
- Photo: JIM COOPER/Invision/AP1 of 13
- Photo: John Spellman/Retna Ltd.2 of 13
- Photo: © Joseph Marzullo/Retna Ltd.3 of 13
- Photo: John Spellman/Retna Ltd.4 of 13
- Photo: Jack Plunkett/FRE/Invision/AP5 of 13
- Photo: Tony Mottram/Retna Ltd.6 of 13
- Photo: Alexander Thompson/Retna Ltd.7 of 13
- Photo: Steve Double/Retna Ltd.8 of 13
- Photo: Rahav Segev/Retna Ltd.9 of 13
- Photo: Statia Molewski/Retna Ltd.10 of 13
- Photo: David Atlas/Retna Ltd.11 of 13
- Photo: Zach Cordner/Retna Ltd.12 of 13
A sad day for rock.
Sonic Youth's Kim Gordon and Thurston Moore have split up after 27 years of marriage, their rep confirms to Us Weekly.
"Sonic Youth, with both Kim and Thurston involved, will proceed with its South American tour dates in November," their rep said in a statement. "Plans beyond that tour are uncertain. The couple has requested respect for their personal privacy and does not wish to issue further comment."
Married since 1984, Gordon, 58, and Moore, 53, have a 17-year-old daughter Coco.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
No More Kids!
Gwen Stefani chats completing her family with son Apollo, life's biggest surprises, scary fashion mishaps and more!Watch Video »
Ryan Reynolds gets up close and personal with a tortoise, plus more of his best Instagram posts on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Katy Perry's Under the Sea Adventure
Katy Perry tours one of the world's largest aquariums on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by...Watch Video »
"#RichKids of Beverly Hills" star Roxy Sowlaty dishes about the new season, her friendship with the Kardashians and more with Wonderwall.com Editor Stacie AnthoWatch Video »
Blake Lively gets celery up her nose, plus more of her funniest Instagram moments on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Find out how Duchess Kate and Prince William are coping with little sleep on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
From Crowd Ignite