Sonic Youth's Kim Gordon, Thurston Moore Separate
- Photo: JIM COOPER/Invision/AP1 of 13
- Photo: John Spellman/Retna Ltd.2 of 13
- Photo: © Joseph Marzullo/Retna Ltd.3 of 13
- Photo: John Spellman/Retna Ltd.4 of 13
- Photo: Jack Plunkett/FRE/Invision/AP5 of 13
- Photo: Tony Mottram/Retna Ltd.6 of 13
- Photo: Alexander Thompson/Retna Ltd.7 of 13
- Photo: Steve Double/Retna Ltd.8 of 13
- Photo: Rahav Segev/Retna Ltd.9 of 13
- Photo: Statia Molewski/Retna Ltd.10 of 13
- Photo: David Atlas/Retna Ltd.11 of 13
- Photo: Zach Cordner/Retna Ltd.12 of 13
A sad day for rock.
Sonic Youth's Kim Gordon and Thurston Moore have split up after 27 years of marriage, their rep confirms to Us Weekly.
"Sonic Youth, with both Kim and Thurston involved, will proceed with its South American tour dates in November," their rep said in a statement. "Plans beyond that tour are uncertain. The couple has requested respect for their personal privacy and does not wish to issue further comment."
Married since 1984, Gordon, 58, and Moore, 53, have a 17-year-old daughter Coco.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Wonderwall.com goes behind the scenes at the 2015 American Music AwardsWatch Video »
In honor of the 10th anniversary of "Just Friends," check out how the stars of the film have changed.Watch Video »
Get the Duggar dish on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Tats for Love
From Heidi Klum and Seal to Ryan Sweeting and Kaley Cuoco, see which stars got tattoos for love.Watch Video »
Shailene Woodley and the stars of "Divergent" chat phobias and on-set injuries at the film's world premiere.Watch Video »
Stars chat with Wonderwall.com on the red carpet at the 2015 American Music AwardsWatch Video »