Taylor Swift asks NJ teen to country music awards
- Photo: Sara De Boer/StarTraks1 of 16
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage2 of 16
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage3 of 16
- Photo: MUNAWAR HOSAIN/StarTraks4 of 16
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage5 of 16
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage6 of 16
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage7 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage8 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP9 of 16
- Photo: WireImage10 of 16
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage11 of 16
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage12 of 16
- Photo: Shirley Parkin/PacificCoastNews.com13 of 16
- Photo: Splash News14 of 16
- Photo: Gotcha Images/Splash News15 of 16
SOMERDALE, N.J. (AP) -- Taylor Swift has a date for the Academy of Country Music awards.
RELATED: 2012 Grammy Awards
The country star asked a fan, Kevin McGuire of Somerdale, N.J., to the awards show. McGuire is 18 and has leukemia. His sister had started a campaign on Facebook to get Swift to go with him to his prom.
RELATED: Hair Trend Report: Bangs
Swift writes in a Facebook post of her own that she can't make it to the prom, but that she'd like for McGuire to accompany her to the awards ceremony April 1 in Las Vegas. She is nominated for three awards.
RELATED: Stylish Besties
A spokesman for Swift confirms that she wrote the post. A post on the Facebook page for McGuire thanks her for the invitation. His sister did not immediately return a message seeking comment.
Zoe's Cute Family
Check out Zoe Saldana and husband Marco Perego's cutest family moments!Watch Video »
Chrissy Teigen cries over cheese, plus more of her funniest Instagram moments.Watch Video »
Style Slip Ups
Zosia Mamet, Julianne Moore, and Anne Hathaway all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »