Taylor Swift asks NJ teen to country music awards
- Photo: Sara De Boer/StarTraks1 of 16
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage2 of 16
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage3 of 16
- Photo: MUNAWAR HOSAIN/StarTraks4 of 16
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage5 of 16
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage6 of 16
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage7 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage8 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP9 of 16
- Photo: WireImage10 of 16
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage11 of 16
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage12 of 16
- Photo: Shirley Parkin/PacificCoastNews.com13 of 16
- Photo: Splash News14 of 16
- Photo: Gotcha Images/Splash News15 of 16
SOMERDALE, N.J. (AP) -- Taylor Swift has a date for the Academy of Country Music awards.
RELATED: 2012 Grammy Awards
The country star asked a fan, Kevin McGuire of Somerdale, N.J., to the awards show. McGuire is 18 and has leukemia. His sister had started a campaign on Facebook to get Swift to go with him to his prom.
RELATED: Hair Trend Report: Bangs
Swift writes in a Facebook post of her own that she can't make it to the prom, but that she'd like for McGuire to accompany her to the awards ceremony April 1 in Las Vegas. She is nominated for three awards.
RELATED: Stylish Besties
A spokesman for Swift confirms that she wrote the post. A post on the Facebook page for McGuire thanks her for the invitation. His sister did not immediately return a message seeking comment.
Take a look back at six times Kylie Jenner wore the exact same outfit as big sis Kim Kardashian West.Watch Video »
DIY Celeb Makeup
Find out how to get Jenna Dewan Tatum's long-lasting matte lip on DIY Celeb Makeup.Watch Video »
Meet The Rock's, the Beckhams' and Demi Lovato's new puppies on this week's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out six Emmy nominees' high school yearbook photos. Can you identity these pre-fame teens?Watch Video »
Perry in Peru
Check out Katy Perry's best posts from Peru during the South American leg of her Prismatic World Tour on this week's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Shailene Woodley and the stars of "Divergent" chat phobias and on-set injuries at the film's world premiere.Watch Video »