Taylor Swift donates to deaf school
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage1 of 16
- Photo: CHP/Fame Flynet2 of 16
- Photo: Ellen von Unwerth/Glamour3 of 16
- Photo: Ellen von Unwerth/Glamour4 of 16
- Photo: Ellen von Unwerth/Glamour5 of 16
- Photo: Ellen von Unwerth/Glamour6 of 16
- Photo: MJT/Retna Ltd.7 of 16
- Photo: DCJ/RBF/WENN8 of 16
- Photo: WireImage9 of 16
- Photo: AP/WireImage10 of 16
- Photo: WireImage11 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage12 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP13 of 16
- Photo: TS/PacificCoastNews.com14 of 16
- Photo: DCJ/RBF/WENN15 of 16
By email@example.com (WENN Newsdesk)
Singer Taylor Swift has made a $10,000 donation to a Massachusetts school for deaf children after it was targeted in an Internet prank.
Swift launched a Facebook competition to perform a gig at whichever school pulled in the highest number of votes and jokers nominated Horace Mann School for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing.
The local public school in Allston pulled in thousands of votes as pranksters organized a campaign to increase students' chances of winning, but contest bosses decided to remove Horace Mann from the running due to the way it took the lead.
However, Swift has shown off her generous side by handing over a personal donation of $10,000, which has been matched by four other sponsor companies, as well as a ticket for every student to her next local concert.
Bosses behind VH1's Save the Music program have also stepped up and pledged $10,000 in instruments for Horace Mann students.
Principal Jeremiah Ford tells The Boston Globe newspaper, "Are we the winner? Absolutely."
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is up to today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »