Taylor Swift fan dies from leukemia days after singer's surprise phone call
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage1 of 11
- Photo: @taylorswift/Instagram2 of 11
- Photo: @taylorswift/Instagram3 of 11
- Photo: Wade Payne/Invision/AP4 of 11
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP5 of 11
- Photo: David Fisher/Rex USA6 of 11
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP7 of 11
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP8 of 11
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP9 of 11
- Photo: Bridow/WENN10 of 11
Taylor Swift was able to make a dream come true for a sick fan shortly before the young girl died on Christmas Day 2013.
RELATED: Celebs without makeup
Delaney Ann Brown, 8, passed away on Dec. 25 after suffering complications relating to leukemia, but she was able to fulfill one of her dreams several days earlier when she received a surprise phone call from the "Love Story" singer.
RELATED: 2013's biggest breakups so far
Swift heard about Brown's illness through the Make-A-Wish America charity and surprised the youngster with a video call on Dec. 20 -- Brown's eighth birthday.
A Facebook post reads, "Laney was so nervous to talk to [Swift]because she is such a famous celebrity. I was actually worried that when Taylor Facetimed her that she would be too scared to talk but Taylor was fabulous!! She really engaged Laney in conversation. Laney lit up and had a huge smile on her face. I can't thank Taylor enough for taking time out from her family to make Laney's birthday very memorable. We will hold that memory in our hearts forever."
Mariah Carey does her best impression of a mermaid on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Take a look back at the Kardashians' makeup-free selfies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »