Taylor Swift wins restraining order against alleged stalker
- Photo: Juan Sharma/Bruja/PacificCoastNews.com1 of 18
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP2 of 18
- Photo: GettyImages.com3 of 18
- Photo: WP#SFC/ZOJ/WENN4 of 18
- Photo: Jim Smeal/BEImages/Rex USA5 of 18
- Photo: Icono/Pacific Coast News6 of 18
- Photo: FameFlynetUK/Fame Flynet7 of 18
- Photo: Sharky/Splash News8 of 18
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/Invision/AP9 of 18
- Photo: Jason Kempin/WireImage10 of 18
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage11 of 18
- Photo: FS2/FayesVision/WENN12 of 18
- Photo: FPA/FAMEFLYNET/Wonderwall13 of 18
- Photo: Lionel Hahn/StarTraks14 of 18
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage15 of 18
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/AP16 of 18
- Photo: IRA/ZOJ/WENN17 of 18
Taylor Swift has been granted a restraining order against a man who has allegedly been stalking the singer since 2011.
The singer won the order after claiming superfan Timothy Sweet had repeatedly sent her frightening emails, letters and social media posts in the last three years, and she now fears for her safety.
In legal documents obtained by editors at TMZ, Swift alleges Sweet claimed she was his wife, and threatened to kill her family members. Some of the alarming messages read: "Dearest Taylor, I'll kill any man who gets in the way of our marriage. Message to John Kerry, Secretary of State", and "If anyone in Taylor Swift's family gets killed, it is not my fault."
He also vowed to carry a gun at all times to protect the singer. A judge ruled that Sweet must stay at least 100 yards away from Swift and the three members of her immediate family.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
First Look: Whitney Houston's New Video
Whitney Houston "I Look To You" music video.Watch Video »
Gisele Bundchen posts pics of her bikini body and beach vacation with hubby Tom Brady and daughter Vivian on today’s Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Behati Prinsloo to Kim Kardashian, check out the celebrities who've found themselves in compromising positions.Watch Video »
DIY Celeb Makeup
Tune into our first episode of "DIY Celeb Makeup" as we show you how to recreate Blake Lively's peachy glow.Watch Video »
See how Taylor Swift has been rocking red over the years.Watch Video »