The Game offers to pay fines for saggy pants-wearers
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP1 of 5
- Photo: JKG/ZOJ/WENN2 of 5
- Photo: JEFF CHRISTENSEN/Invision/AP3 of 5
- Photo: @khloekardashian/Instagram4 of 5
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
Rapper The Game has offered to pay fines for the first five people who are caught wearing saggy pants in an area of New Jersey where low-rise trousers have been banned.
The hip-hop star is fuming over plans to crack down on anyone who is seen wearing pants which drop three inches below the hips, or show skin or underwear, on the boardwalk in the city of Wildwood.
RELATED: Hollywood's Hottest Bad Boys
Officials can hit offenders with fines ranging from $25 to $200, as well as community service punishments, and The Game is adamant the new rule, passed by the local council on Wednesday is unfair.
The star has also offered to step in and pay the fines for the first few people caught out by the new ruling as part of a protest against the scheme.
He tells TMZ.com, "N**gas should sag down to their socks out there. They (are) trying to get people to not sag, please. (They) can't tell people how to wear their f**king clothes. What time are we in? This ain't the f**king slave days. F**k that ... I am with the sagging movement. First five people to get fines, I will pay their tickets ... I will go there and sag cause I am a sagging Sagittarius."
Other stars to wade into the saggy pants debate include Bone Thugs-N-Harmony's Bizzy Bone, who called the plan "ridiculous."
Wildwood Mayor Ernest Troiano Jr. says in defense of the scheme, "This is just adding a little bit of decency to our town... The city is not going to be out hunting these kids down. We're not going to be out there with a tape measure. But we know what's right and not right. If we don't make an attempt to clean our town up, who's going to?"
The restrictions will go into force next month and also require shirts and footwear to be worn on the boardwalk at all times, while women wearing short skirts and low-cut tops will also be targeted.
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTStork Report
From Crowd Ignite