TLC's Left Eye Remembered by T-Boz, Chilli on 10th Anniversary of Her Death
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage1 of 11
- Photo: RON FREHM/Invision/AP2 of 11
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage.com3 of 11
- Photo: Invision/AP4 of 11
- Photo: Arnold Turner/Promotional5 of 11
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP6 of 11
- Photo: Promotional7 of 11
- Photo: CNN/.8 of 11
- Photo: Jack Dempsey/Invision/AP9 of 11
- Photo: Danny Moloshok/Invision/AP10 of 11
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
It's been exactly 10 years since Lisa "Left Eye" Lopes was killed in a car crash while filming a documentary in La Ceiba, Honduras, at the age of 30.
As one-third of TLC, the second-best-selling female group of all time, Lopes' death still weighs heavily on remaining band members Tionne "T-Boz" Watkins and Rozonda "Chilli" Thomas, both 41.
"The word anniversary means a celebration," Watkins says in a statement. "For us her death will never be a celebration -- it's still something that hurts."
Thomas adds, "Lisa is our sister. You never get over losing a family member. We love her and we miss her and that isn't ever going to change." Watkins and Thomas are currently producing a new biopic for VH1. "This project is truly a dream come true for us," Thomas explains.
The final 26 days of Lopes' life were chronicled in a documentary titled "The Last Days of Left Eye," which premiered at the Atlanta Film Festival in April 2007. In it, she spoke of her interests in numerology and yoga, as well as plans to build an educational center for Honduran children. The documentary also included the fatal car crash.
Lopes' funeral was held at New Birth Missionary Baptist Church in Lithonia, Georgia, and she was buried at Hillandale Memorial Gardens. Prior to her death, Lopes was in an on-and-off relationship with NFL player Andre Rison.
RELATED ON WONDERWALL & MSN:
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWedding Pics
From Crowd Ignite