Toni Braxton hospitalized with blood clots
- Photo: Maury Phillips/WireImage1 of 15
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP2 of 15
- Photo: Daniel Tanner/WENN3 of 15
- Photo: AXELLE WOUSSEN/Bauer-Griffin4 of 15
- Photo: Vince Bucci/Invision/AP5 of 15
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP6 of 15
- Photo: Mark J. Terrill/Invision/AP7 of 15
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com8 of 15
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage.com9 of 15
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP10 of 15
- Photo: WENN11 of 15
- Photo: Hellmuth Dominguez/Pacific Coast News12 of 15
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com13 of 15
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP14 of 15
Singer Toni Braxton has been hospitalized after suffering blood clots stemming from her lupus condition.
The "UnBreak My Heart" singer opened up about her struggle with lupus last year, and now the auto-immune condition, which attacks healthy body tissue, has left her in need of medical attention.
She took to Twitter on Friday to tells fans about her hospitalization. In a post on her page, Braxton writes, "Hey guys, I'm in the hospital for health issues related to lupus & blood clots, I will be home soon ... Thanks for all the love & support!"
It is the second time Braxton has been hospitalized due to the illness this year -- she was also admitted to a clinic in January after her immune system started to shut down. Braxton also suffers from heart condition microvascular angina.
DIY Celeb Makeup
Find out how to get Jenna Dewan Tatum's long-lasting matte lip on DIY Celeb Makeup.Watch Video »
Check out the biggest celeb makeup mistakes.Watch Video »
Real 'RHOC' Dish
"Real Housewives of OC" star Shannon Beador dishes about her family, her relationship with Vicki Gunvalson and what to expect from the reunion!Watch Video »
Tats for Love
From Heidi Klum and Seal to Ryan Sweeting and Kaley Cuoco, see which stars got tattoos for love.Watch Video »
Perry in Peru
Check out Katy Perry's best posts from Peru during the South American leg of her Prismatic World Tour on this week's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
DIY Celeb Makeup
We show you how to get Taylor Swift's blue eye shadow look on "DIY Celeb Makeup."Watch Video »