Usher bids $12,000 at charity auction to get new puppy
- Photo: Mike Coppola/Getty Images North America1 of 12
- Photo: Mike Coppola for Pencils of Promise/Getty Images North America2 of 12
- Photo: Rex / Rex USA/.3 of 12
- Photo: @UsherRaymondIV/Twitter4 of 12
- Photo: David Goldman/Invision/AP5 of 12
- Photo: LA-TOM/DS-ISM/Flynetonline.com/Fame Flynet6 of 12
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage7 of 12
- Photo: Kabik/Retna Digital8 of 12
- Photo: Jemal Countess/WireImage9 of 12
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage10 of 12
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage11 of 12
Usher is the proud owner of an adorable new puppy after beating out other bidders by paying $12,000 during a charity auction.
The R&B star outbid all other parties vying for the brown goldendoodle puppy during last night's Pencils of Promise Gala in New York.
The Pencils of Promise charity, which is also heavily supported by teen pop sensation Justin Bieber, raises money and builds schools for underprivileged children around the world.
Usher's initial bid of $10,000 was topped by fellow gala attendee Jessica Szohr, who pledged $11,000, according to People.com. But he seemed thrilled after winning the bidding war, and the dog also seemed to get attached very quickly, even whining when the singer left his table to make a speech.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is up to today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »