Usher gives ex-wife Tameka Foster a hug following court ruling: Picture
- Photo: Splash News1 of 11
- Photo: Splash News2 of 11
- Photo: Invision/AP3 of 11
- Photo: Invision/AP4 of 11
- Photo: AP Images/Invision/AP5 of 11
- Photo: Invision/AP6 of 11
- Photo: David Goldman/Invision/AP7 of 11
- Photo: Jason Winslow/Splash News8 of 11
- Photo: Invision/AP9 of 11
- Photo: CPF/DHK/ZOJ/WENN10 of 11
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
Usher attempted to make peace with ex-wife Tameka Foster at end of the emergency child custody hearing on Friday, Aug. 9, walking over to the mother of his two sons, Usher V, 5, and Naviyd, 4, and giving her a hug.
In photos from inside the courtroom, the singer is seen pulling her into him and giving her a hug, whispering something to her. She accepts the hug but seems to hold back, trying not to look at him.
Indeed, it's been an emotional roller coaster for the couple, as their son Usher nearly died in a pool incident on Aug. 5. (According to TMZ, on Monday, the 5-year-old was swimming in the singer's pool with his aunt Rena Oden when he dove under water to retrieve a toy from the drain. His arm then got stuck in the drain, and neither his aunt nor a maid could free him. Two contractors who had been working in the house reportedly came out and they were able to get the child's arm out. He was then given CPR and rushed to the hospital, where he is expected to be OK.)
During the emergency child custody hearing where Foster was seeking temporary primary custody of the kids, the a celeb hairstylist alleged that the children were in a "dangerous environment" and broke down in tears when the 911 call from Monday was played.
As Us Weekly reported on Aug. 9, after much debate, a judge ruled in favor of Raymond. (In 2012, "The Voice" coach was given primary custody of the kids following a bitter custody battle, with Foster receiving limited custodial rights.)
"What happened here was an awful accident, and I don't know based on the evidence I've heard, had any single person been at the poolside, that one person could have done better than Ms. Oden," the judge said on Aug. 9. "He also told Foster that her "standards for caregivers are very high."
"Most people who cared for us or our kids probably didn't' have all the qualifications that you required," the judge added to Foster. "I'm denying the motion. I would say, Mr. Raymond, in the future you would be well-advised to keep your former spouse informed about your whereabouts and who is taking care of the kids. That will be a feature perhaps in this case as it moves forward or the companion case as it moves forward."
Usher and Foster married in 2007 and divorced two years later.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHow Much?!
From Crowd Ignite