Usher gives Grammy Award to friend
- Photo: JE1/http://www.wenn.com/1 of 17
- Photo: MZ1/http://www.wenn.com/2 of 17
- Photo: Amanda Schwab/StarTraks3 of 17
- Photo: Gary Gershoff/WireImage.com4 of 17
- Photo: Judy Eddy/WENN5 of 17
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP6 of 17
- Photo: @usher/Twitter7 of 17
- Photo: WENN8 of 17
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com9 of 17
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com10 of 17
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage.com11 of 17
- Photo: CPF/DHK/ZOJ/WENN12 of 17
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN13 of 17
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN14 of 17
- Photo: @usherraymondIV/Twitter15 of 17
- Photo: Twitter16 of 17
Usher gave a songwriter friend a very special birthday present over the weekend by handing over one of his coveted Grammy Awards.
The R&B star attended a party in honor of writer/producer Rico Love's 29th birthday in Miami, Florida on Friday, Dec. 2, and he surprised his pal during the bash with a special dedication, according to New York Post gossip column Page Six.
Usher addressed party guests, including fellow singer Mary J. Blige and actress Gabrielle Union, and told the crowd, "What do you buy or give someone that can buy or give himself anything?... So, I wanted to be the first person to present him with something out of the ordinary."
The star then handed Love the trophy he won at this year's (2011) Grammy Awards for his song There Goes My Baby, which was written and co-produced by his friend.
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is up to today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »