Victoria Beckham: I'm a 'control freak'
- Photo: Rex USA1 of 9
- Photo: Lia Toby/WENN2 of 9
- Photo: Fame Flynet3 of 9
- Photo: Fame Flynet4 of 9
- Photo: BJJ/Stoianov/Fame Flynet5 of 9
- Photo: SI1/WENN6 of 9
- Photo: FlynetUK/FAMEFLYNET PICTURES/Fame Pictures7 of 9
- Photo: Andrew Toth/StarTraks8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
Call Victoria Beckham a workaholic control freak or a micromanager and she won't be offended! The 38-year-old wife of David Beckham, mother of their four kids and former Spice Girls member opens up in the March issue of Elle UK about why it was important for her to have her own career in fashion no matter how much hard work it took.
"When I was on stage with the Spice Girls, I thought people were there to see the other four and not me. And when I go out with David and people take pictures, I think, 'They're here to take David's picture,'" she explained of her soccer star husband.
But Beckham has now found a place where she feels like she belongs: the fashion industry. "It was never my intention to prove anybody wrong. I wanted to prove to myself that I could do it," she explained. "I don't have to work; I need to work. All these people [her fellow fashion designers], they're not just been given anything. They've worked hard. And I've never been given anything either. But I have a good work ethic; David has an incredible work ethic. I want my kids to have a good work ethic. I believe you can achieve anything if you work hard enough to get it."
But not without a little help from others, which is something Beckham is still working on.
"You've got to trust people. And because I am a control freak, sometimes that's difficult for me, because I want to micromanage absolutely everything, she admitted. "I can't hand over. But I'm trying to do that more. It's hard because I have such a specific vision."
Regardless, Beckham will have to accept a few unknowns now that David, 37, has finished playing for the L.A. Galaxy. "We are starting a new chapter in our lives. As a family we are all very excited about what lies ahead for 2013," she said of her man's big career change.
In addition to focusing on her fashion career in 2013, Beckham may also be spending some time in the kitchen perfecting her cooking skills. She confessed, "You know what they say to me, because I'm not the best cook, although I try really hard? They always say to me, 'Mummy, we know that the main ingredient in what you make is love.'"
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTUnder Pressure
From Crowd Ignite