Weapons charges dropped in Madonna stalking case
- Photo: GG//Fame Flynet1 of 17
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP2 of 17
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP3 of 17
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage4 of 17
- Photo: PX1/WENN5 of 17
- Photo: MU1/WENN6 of 17
- Photo: Jonathan Short/Invision/AP7 of 17
- Photo: Mikhail Metzel/Invision/AP8 of 17
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage9 of 17
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage10 of 17
- Photo: Tony Barson/WireImage11 of 17
- Photo: Tony Barson/WireImage12 of 17
- Photo: FRANK RUMPENHORST/Invision/AP13 of 17
- Photo: Invision/AP14 of 17
- Photo: Rex USA15 of 17
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage16 of 17
NEW YORK (AP) — A New York City judge has dismissed weapons charges against a former firefighter who was arrested outside Madonna's apartment building two years ago.
Police say Robert Linhart parked his SUV outside the Material Girl's Central Park West apartment, laid out a tarp and spray-painted poster boards with love notes. One said "Madonna, I need you." Another read, "Tell me yes or no. If it's yes, my dream will come true. If it's no, I will go."
The New York Post reports that Manhattan state Supreme Court Judge Analisa Torres ruled Friday that police improperly seized a gravity knife and an ice pick from Linhart when they arrested him.
RELATED: Madonna enjoys PDA with beau
A resisting-arrest charge is still pending.
Linhart's lawyer, Lawrence LaBrew, says Linhart maintains his innocence.
Single & Fabulous
Check out Kourtney Kardashian's fabulous life on social media in the wake of her breakup from Scott Disick on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Jennifer Lopez's best ab moments!Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
From Nicole Richie to Miley Cyrus, check out these embarrassing celebrity bikini malfunctions!Watch Video »
Slim Down Secrets
Cameron Diaz and Jason Segel chat nude scenes and getting in shape for their film "Sex Tape" with Wonderwall.Watch Video »