Whitney Houston, Superstar of Records, Films, Dies
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage1 of 20
- Photo: FS2/WENN2 of 20
- Photo: Nick Wass/Invision/AP3 of 20
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage4 of 20
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com5 of 20
- Photo: 2001/JOE CAVARETTA/Invision/AP6 of 20
- Photo: GERALLT / MATEI H/Bauer-Griffin7 of 20
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Wonderwall8 of 20
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP9 of 20
- Photo: Mairo Suriana/Invision/AP10 of 20
- Photo: Peter Mazel / Sunshine/Retna Ltd.11 of 20
- Photo: Isaac Brekken/Invision/AP12 of 20
- Photo: Bravo/Promotional13 of 20
- Photo: VPC/WENN14 of 20
- Photo: Lee Celano/WireImage15 of 20
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP16 of 20
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com17 of 20
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage18 of 20
- Photo: FS2/WENN19 of 20
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Whitney Houston, who reigned as pop music's queen until her majestic voice and regal image were ravaged by drug use, has died. She was 48.
RELATED: Year in Review: In Memoriam 2011
Publicist Kristen Foster said Saturday that the singer had died, but the cause and the location of her death were unclear.
RELATED: Houston Battles Lung Disease
At her peak in the 1980s and `90s, Houston the golden girl of the music industry and one of the world's best-selling artists.
RELATED: Amy Winehouse Autopsy Inconclusive
Among her hits were "How Will I Know," "Saving All My Love for You" and "I Will Always Love You." She won multiple Grammys including album and record of the year.
Her success carried her beyond music to movies like "The Bodyguard."
But by the end of her career, drug use took its toll as her record sales plummeted and her voice became raspy and hoarse.
Behind the Scenes
Kendall Jenner and more stars share the best behind-the-scenes photos from the Cannes Film Festival on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Emma Stone, Emily Blunt, and Julianne Hough's style statements on this week's OMG Celeb Fashion hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Blake Lively gets celery up her nose, plus more of her funniest Instagram moments on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
"#RichKids" newcomer Taylor-Ann Hasselhoff dishes about the drama on the new season and about spending QT with her dad, David Hasselhoff!Watch Video »
DIY Celeb Makeup
We show you how to get Taylor Swift's blue eye shadow look on "DIY Celeb Makeup."Watch Video »
Rumer Willis and "Dancing With the Stars" partner Val Chmerkovskiy blow off steam by making funny videos on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »