Winehouse's dad says he thinks seizure killed her
- Photo: Matt Dunham/Invision/AP1 of 14
- Photo: ZWAA/WENN2 of 14
- Photo: Islandpaps/Splash News3 of 14
- Photo: Daniel Deme/WENN4 of 14
- Photo: WeirPhotos/Splash News5 of 14
- Photo: WeirPhotos/Splash News6 of 14
- Photo: Optic Photos/PacificCoastNews.com7 of 14
- Photo: Optic Photos/PacificCoastNews.com8 of 14
- Photo: TCAA/ZDS/WENN9 of 14
- Photo: ZWAA/WENN10 of 14
- Photo: TCD/ZJF/http://www.wenn.com/11 of 14
- Photo: TCD/ZJF/http://www.wenn.com/12 of 14
- Photo: SSJ/ZOB/ZDS/http://www.wenn.com/13 of 14
NEW YORK (AP) -- Amy Winehouse's father says he thinks she died after suffering a seizure related to alcohol detoxification and "there was nobody there to rescue her."
The soul diva was found dead in her London home July 23. She had fought drug and alcohol problems for years.
Toxicology reports say there was alcohol in her bloodstream, but it was unclear whether this contributed to her death.
RELATED: Celebs Gone Too Soon
The singer was 27 years old.
Mitch Winehouse said Friday in a taping of Anderson Cooper's new syndicated talk show that his daughter had been off drugs for two-and-a-half years and was fighting alcohol problems, with occasional seizures.
RELATED: In Memoriam: Amy Winehouse
He says her blood also contained traces of the prescription drug Librium, used to fight anxiety and withdrawal symptoms of alcoholism.
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is up to today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »