We're pretty used to Simon Cowell's stone-cold persona -- you know, the Simon we're familiar with shooting zingers out from his days on "American Idol" and "X Factor." But there's a new S.C. in town, folks, and he's much more of a softie.
The judge made his debut on "America's Got Talent" on Tuesday, May 31, 2016, joining returning celebs Mel B, Howie Mandel and Heidi Klum. And, we were nothing less than surprised to see him smiling more than once. He even gave a standing ovation at one point (The 13-year-old opera singer deserved it). But then he called one guy "brilliant" after doing his whole performance with duct tape on his mouth. Confusing, right?
Of course, we're not saying he's totally a "Mr. Nice Guy" now. Simon threw in his usual not-so-nice one-liners, but we quite like this a-bit-nicer version of the Brit. Maybe fatherhood has changed him up a little?
Before Simon reverts back to being the harshest critique in town, here's 5 times he proved he was just one big teddy bear by posting adorable family photos with his GF Lauren Silverman, their son Eric Cowell, 2, and his bundle of Yorkies on Twitter:
1. Simon definitely has a soft spot for his Yorkie pups: Freddie, Squiddly and Diddly! He cradled them in his arms, dressed in festive outfits in this Twitter post from December 2015. "My dogs love Xmas," he explained.
2. Dad of the year award? Simon just wants to spend time with his cutie son. "Happiness is a day off work," he wrote next to a photo of the dad-son duo watching movies together in November 2015.
3. Soakin' up that sun! Simon shared a sweet snap with Lauren and Eric while on a beach vacation in August 2015.
4. Simon lounging in bed with little Eric making silly faces? Swoon. He shared this funny shot in January 2015. Let's hope he doesn't have to make any of those expressions to the contestants on "AGT" this season.
5. "Taking after daddy," Simon captioned this August 2014 shot holding his coordinating baby boy. The matching sunglasses are just too cute, dude.
If Simon giving Eric a bath isn't enough proof that he has a totally-soft and sensitive side, we don't know what he is. He posted this on in June 2014.