He's handsome, smart, wealthy and he's dating one of the world's most eligible bachelorettes in supermodel Karlie Kloss. Yeah, Josh Kushner seems to have it all, and that could even include a direct link to the White House after the November election.
But, the 31-year-old is determined to keep that from happening.
Josh's brother is Jared Kushner, the husband of Ivanka Trump, who is the daughter of Donald Trump. But while Jared helps to orchestrate his father-in-law's campaign behind-the-scenes, Josh is more "with her," and we don't mean with Karlie.
Here are five things to know about Karlie's boyfriend of four years.
1. He's a lifelong Democrat. The youngest member of the Kushner clan's non-support of The Donald has caused a small rift in the family, as he plans to cast his ballot for Hillary Clinton. In an Esquire article primarily about Jared, writer Vicky Ward said, "Through a spokesman, [Josh] said he loved his brother and did not want to say anything that might embarrass him. Nevertheless, the spokesman also said that Josh is a lifelong Democrat and will not be voting for Donald Trump in November."
2. He's an entrepreneur. Josh runs Thrive Capital, a venture fund he launched in 2009. Thrive focuses on media and tech and has been wildly successful. In 2012, The Real Deal profiled Josh and Thrive, saying that, at that time, the fund has raised $200 million. Due to a recent $700 million fundraising round, Thrive's total funds under management are now $1.5 billion, Esquire said. On a personal level, Josh's net worth is estimated at $200 million.
3. He cashed in on Instagram. It was 2012 and Facebook was just about to buy Instagram, but no one knew that yet. Josh liked what he saw in the photo sharing app and reportedly invested $50 million (as did four other firms) via Thrive. Just days later, Facebook heard about the investment, so it swooped in and purchased Instagram for $1 billon. In other words, Josh doubled his money in less than a week. He also helped start Vostu, a social game developer very popular in Latin America. Thrive has also invested heavily in Kickstarter and Spotify.
4. He's incredibly private. In the Esquire story, Josh didn't comment, choosing to have spokesman give a comment. In the 2012 after cashing in on Instagram and other good investments, he didn't boast or speak. He even keeps quiet about his private life around his family. "He has a girlfriend that he could talk about as well, but that is just so much less important," his pal Mario Schlosser said. Karlie doesn't chat about her romance much, either, but there are special occasions. In early June, she shared a photo of them on Instagram, saying, "Four years ago today I met my best friend. I love you more everyday."
5. His family would like him to settle down. Karlie, are you listening? Josh is committed to Karlie, as they've been together for years now, but his family doesn't want him to be a bachelor much longer. However, there is one caveat that is apparently non-negotiable. Karlie would have to convert to Judaism, just as Ivanka did when she married his brother. Josh, Esquire said, "will not do anything that does not meet with the approval of his family."
- 11 hours ago Checkout 18 stars who were troublemakers in school