Nick Gordon has no plans to pay Bobbi Kristina Brown's estate a single penny, despite a judge ordering him to fork over $36 million this week for her wrongful death.
He simply has no money and is dead broke, according to a report in TMZ.
On Thursday, a civil judge said that Bobbi Kristina Brown had unlimited earning potential and ordered the hefty payday after Nick, her ex boyfriend, was found liable for her death. He was not there for the ruling, nor had he attended previous court hearings.
Prior to the ruling, Bobbi Kristina's father Bobby Brown said the 22-year-old had superstar written all over her.
"She was an entertainer. If you were around her all could do was laugh. She told a lot of jokes," Bobby told the court. "She was always the life of the party... She was the life of anywhere she went. Anybody she was around definitely enjoyed her company."
He added, "I know she had the talent to be successful."
He went on to say that he believed that Nick was responsible for her death.
It's somewhat likely that the Brown family never actually expected to get a dime from Nick, despite the ruling. A source close to Bobbi's ex tells TMZ that the judge could have even raised the damages and it wouldn't have mattered.
Nick is reportedly not working and all the money he got for interviews earlier this year was used to pay his criminal attorneys.
"You can order a gajillian dollars but what will you collect?," a source close to his legal team told TMZ of the huge judgment. "One day they may collect part of it. If he wins the lottery."
While the civil case is now settled, he's still under criminal investigation for Bobbi Kristina's death.
"I am pleased with the outcome of today's court proceedings. I do know that Mr. Gordon will be unable to slander my daughter's name in the future or obtain any benefits from the use of Krissy's name," Bobby said in a statement after the ruling. "Finally, I do need for the District Attorney's Office to step up and begin the criminal prosecution of Mr. Gordon. The delay in that matter is of great concern to me and my family. We need for District Attorney Howard to act now."
- Apr. 24, 2017 Check out Tom Hanks' most underwhelming movie moments