Russell Brand is about to embark on a new adventure: fatherhood.
The Sun is reporting that the actor's girlfriend, Laura Gallacher, 27, is five months pregnant.
Russell, who was formerly married to Katy Perry, is said to be overjoyed with the idea of welcoming a child.
"Russell might have bedded many of the world's most stunning women but now it's all about Laura and becoming a dad," a source told the U.K.-based newspaper. "They have been living as a couple for the last six months and are determined to make a go of their relationship."
Over the weekend, a photographer caught the couple boating on a river.
"It feels like a new chapter in their lives and the couple are enjoying every moment, including discussing baby names. Russell is absolutely made up. Most of his closest friends have children and he was desperate to start a family," the source said. "He and Laura are thrilled to bits at the prospect of becoming parents. They have shared the happy news with close family and friends."
While we all know Russell, 40, from his love life and films, his girlfriend is a bit of an unknown. Here are five things we know about Laura Gallacher.
1. She comes from a famous family across the pond. Her father is golfer Bernard Gallacher, who competed on the European Tour. At the age of 20, he became the youngest man to represent Great Britain in the Ryder Cup. Her sister, meanwhile, is Kirsty Jane Gallacher, a Scottish television presenter. "Of course it's positive and we are very happy," Laura's mother told the Daily Mail of the pregnancy news, "but I'd rather not say anything about it now."
2. This isn't the first time she's dated Russell. Laura and Russell first got together in 2006, long before his rumored romances with Spice Girl Geri Halliwell, Courtney Love or Katy.
3. She's friends with a lot of famous celebs' spawn in the U.K., much like she is. According to the Daily Mail, Laura is friends with famed radio DJ Fearne Cotton and her husband Jesse Wood, who is the son of Rolling Stone Ronnie Wood. She's also friends with Otis Ferry, who is son of singer Bryan Ferry.
4. She's well versed in hospitality. Laura has previously worked at The Box, a notorious London nightclub known for its X-rated burlesque shows. The club has been frequented in the past by the likes of Prince Harry and Princess Beatrice. A former restaurant manager, she was once employed by Soho House, an upscale private members-only club.
5. She's tamed the untameable! Even Russell's friends didn't think they'd see this day. "It's unbelievable but I think he'll make a great father…He has an amazing imagination and great sense of fun which will make him a child's delight," a friend told The Daily Mail. "Obviously I was shocked when I found out as he is someone I thought of as a bachelor."
- Nov. 20, 2017 See all the best celebrity photos from the year!