12-year-old boy charged in Ashton Kutcher hoax
- Photo: Michael Loccisano/Getty Images North America1 of 12
- Photo: Everett Collection/Rex USA2 of 12
- Photo: RAAK/GSI3 of 12
- Photo: Dean, MRM/NPG4 of 12
- Photo: Pacific Coast News5 of 12
- Photo: VENTURINI/Bauer-Griffin6 of 12
- Photo: VENTURINI/Bauer-Griffin7 of 12
- Photo: CARE/GSI8 of 12
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com9 of 12
- Photo: Zavar, Raffi/NPG10 of 12
- Photo: CPR/Premiere/Fame Flynet11 of 12
The Associated Press
LOS ANGELES (AP) - A 12-year-old boy has been charged with making prank calls that sent police to the home of Ashton Kutcher and to a Los Angeles bank.
RELATED: Stars who are aging in reverse
Prosecutors allege that the boy called 911 in October and said armed men were inside Kutcher's Los Angeles home. A week later, a call reporting an emergency at a bank on Wilshire Boulevard also proved to be a hoax.
The district attorney's office said Thursday that the boy has been charged with two felony counts of making fake bomb threats and computer intrusion. He is set to be arraigned Friday in juvenile court.
RELATED: Best TMI tweets
Authorities didn't release the boy's name because of his age.
The practice of making such hoax calls has become known as "swatting." The hoaxes often target the homes of celebrities.
RELATED: Celeb flashers
From Nicole Richie to Miley Cyrus, check out these embarrassing celebrity bikini malfunctions!Watch Video »
David Beckham takes off his shirt for his fans at an LA Galaxy game.Watch Video »
See the latest celeb wardrobe malfunctions.Watch Video »