Mindy Cohn + Brangelina = BFF?
- Photo: AP/Splash/.1 of 7
- Photo: Splash News2 of 7
- Photo: WireImage3 of 7
- Photo: Laurent Despois/Splash News4 of 7
- Photo: Laurent Despois/Splash News5 of 7
- Photo: Promotional6 of 7
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
By Rebecca Silverstein
We weren't even aware that Mindy and Brangelina lived in the same universe, so how did they become so tight? Well, according to Us, they're connected through Angie's older brother, James Haven, who is pals with Mindy. (They were even photographed together at the premiere of "Fast Food Nation" in 2006.)
RELATED: See more pics of Angie
Albeit random, we kind of love this news! Earlier this month, Angie told CNN's Sanjay Gupta that she doesn't have many gal pals. "I'll talk to my family. I talk to Brad," she said. "But I don't know, I don't have a lot of friends I talk to. He is really the only person I talk to." Considering the fact that Mindy starred on a show about an all-girls boarding school, she obviously knows a thing or two about female bonding. Plus, she can probably make the dramatic Jolie (and the kids) laugh with her comic timing and funny voices. (Who knew Cohn has voiced Velma in all the "Scooby-Doo" cartoons since 2004?)
Out of all the choices for the Jolie-Pitt kids' godmother, Mindy is a solid one, especially considering the other folks Brad and Angie associate with. Yes, we love George Clooney (also a "Facts of Life" alum!), but c'mon, Mr. Perpetual Bachelor? Besides, Mindy was a child star back in the day, so she knows a little about being famous at a young age. And with all the spotlight that's on the Jolie-Pitt brood, it's probably good for them to have a non-celebrity element in their lives. (Sorry, Mindy, but it's true.)
RELATED: See more pics of Brad
Perhaps our one grievance with this whole situation is that this whole relationship seems a little one-sided. Yes, it's an honor to be asked to be a godparent. And yes, Brad and Angie did give Mindy a "huge diamond ring to thank her for being the godmother," according to Us. But how about some help in the career department? Mindy's latest projects have pretty much been limited to her "Scooby-Doo" gig and the indie flick "Violet Tendencies," in which she stars as a straight, single woman whose gay friends help her find "Mr. Right." Riveting stuff. Couldn't the biggest movie stars on the planet help out? C'mon, Mindy totally could have played a Russian spy sidekick in "Salt" or a revenge-seeking Jewish woman in "Inglorious Basterds."
But, hey, should Mindy Cohn not be able to fulfill her godmotherly duties, I'm available!
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHow Much?!
From Crowd Ignite