Abercrombie and Fitch Will Pay The Situation to Stop Wearing Its Clothes
- Photo: DJDM/WENN1 of 16
- Photo: Mel Evans/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: CS5/WENN3 of 16
- Photo: Mel Evans/Invision/AP4 of 16
- Photo: ZWAB/SGD/http://www.wenn.com/5 of 16
- Photo: Mario & Luigi/WENN6 of 16
- Photo: ZWAB/SGD/WENN7 of 16
- Photo: ZWAB/SGD/WENN8 of 16
- Photo: ZWAB/SGD/WENN9 of 16
- Photo: CS5/WENN10 of 16
- Photo: WENN11 of 16
- Photo: MTV/Promotional12 of 16
- Photo: MTV/Promotional13 of 16
- Photo: Retna Digital14 of 16
- Photo: Retna Digital15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
GTL ... but no A and F!
Abercrombie and Fitch has a bad, bad Situation on its hands.
The clothing company (famous for its ads of nearly naked hunks) is worried that "Jersey Shore" star Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino has been wearing its wares out and about. So worried, in fact, that they're willing to pay Sorrentino, 29 -- and his "Jersey Shore" castmates -- a "substantial" amount of cash to cease and desist rocking A and F gear in public.
"We are deeply concerned that Mr. Sorrentino's association with our brand could cause significant damage to our image," the company said in a press release Tuesday (via CNN).
"We understand that the show is for entertainment purposes, but believe this association is contrary to the aspirational nature of our brand, and may be distressing to many of our fans," the statement continued.
"We have therefore offered a substantial payment to Michael 'The Situation' Sorrentino and the producers of MTV's 'The Jersey Shore' to have the character wear an alternate brand. We have also extended this offer to other members of the cast, and are urgently waiting a response."
No word yet on The Situation's response -- or how "substantial" the company's offer is.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTUnder Pressure
From Crowd Ignite