Actress Alyson Hannigan obtains restraining order
- Photo: Big Australia/Fame Flynet1 of 16
- Photo: BIAG/GSI2 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP3 of 16
- Photo: RPA/ZOJ/WENN4 of 16
- Photo: Byron Purvis/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.5 of 16
- Photo: MOB/FameFlynet Pictures/Wonderwall6 of 16
- Photo: Pablo/Stoianov/Fame Flynet7 of 16
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage8 of 16
- Photo: FAST RAAK/GSI9 of 16
- Photo: SPOT/GSI10 of 16
- Photo: NPG/ZOJ/WENN11 of 16
- Photo: Stoianov/Pablo/Fame Flynet12 of 16
- Photo: Jackson Lee/NPG13 of 16
- Photo: @alydenisof/Twitter14 of 16
- Photo: R2D2/Fame Flynet15 of 16
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Alyson Hannigan has obtained a temporary restraining order against a man whom she claims has repeatedly threatened her and her family.
The "How I Met Your Mother" star obtained the order Wednesday. It requires John Hobbs to stay 100 yards away and stop posting about her online.
Hannigan's court filings state that the 43-year-old resident of Nashua, N.H., was recently released from a mental hospital.
The filing says Hobbs has threatened in online posts to kill the actress and harm her family. He admitted to police in New Hampshire that he wanted to travel to California to meet the actress.
The order covers Hannigan, her husband and their two children, ages 1 and 3.
A phone number registered to Hobbs has been disconnected.
Demi Lovato snuggles with Wilmer Valderrama on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Eddie Is Red Hot
Here are 5 things you may not know about Eddie Redmayne.Watch Video »
Jessica Alba flaunts her bikini body and shares photos from her work trip to Thailand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of Rihanna's wackiest outfits she's been sporting lately.Watch Video »
No More Kids!
Gwen Stefani chats completing her family with son Apollo, life's biggest surprises, scary fashion mishaps and more!Watch Video »
Taylor's Cute Cat
Taylor Swift shares an adorable video of her new kitten taking a catnap on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »