Actress Alyson Hannigan obtains restraining order
- Photo: Big Australia/Fame Flynet1 of 16
- Photo: BIAG/GSI2 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP3 of 16
- Photo: RPA/ZOJ/WENN4 of 16
- Photo: Byron Purvis/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.5 of 16
- Photo: MOB/FameFlynet Pictures/Wonderwall6 of 16
- Photo: Pablo/Stoianov/Fame Flynet7 of 16
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage8 of 16
- Photo: FAST RAAK/GSI9 of 16
- Photo: SPOT/GSI10 of 16
- Photo: NPG/ZOJ/WENN11 of 16
- Photo: Stoianov/Pablo/Fame Flynet12 of 16
- Photo: Jackson Lee/NPG13 of 16
- Photo: @alydenisof/Twitter14 of 16
- Photo: R2D2/Fame Flynet15 of 16
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Alyson Hannigan has obtained a temporary restraining order against a man whom she claims has repeatedly threatened her and her family.
The "How I Met Your Mother" star obtained the order Wednesday. It requires John Hobbs to stay 100 yards away and stop posting about her online.
Hannigan's court filings state that the 43-year-old resident of Nashua, N.H., was recently released from a mental hospital.
The filing says Hobbs has threatened in online posts to kill the actress and harm her family. He admitted to police in New Hampshire that he wanted to travel to California to meet the actress.
The order covers Hannigan, her husband and their two children, ages 1 and 3.
A phone number registered to Hobbs has been disconnected.
Fall's Best Looks
New fashion trends are here! Take a look at celebrities rocking fall's best looks so far.Watch Video »
Tats for Love
From Heidi Klum and Seal to Ryan Sweeting and Kaley Cuoco, see which stars got tattoos for love.Watch Video »
Shailene Woodley and the stars of "Divergent" chat phobias and on-set injuries at the film's world premiere.Watch Video »
Go behind the scenes at the 2015 Life Is Beautiful Music & Art Festival in Las Vegas with Rosario Dawson, Kat Graham, Snoop Dogg and more!Watch Video »
Kaley Cuoco spends time with friends and family -- and lots of horses! -- in the wake of her breakup on this week's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Pets & Love
Miranda Lambert opens up about self-esteem issues, her husband Blake Shelton and her involvement with Pedigree Dog Charity.Watch Video »