Christina Aguilera eyes reunion with estranged father
- Photo: NORMAN SCOTT/StarTraks1 of 16
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage2 of 16
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage3 of 16
- Photo: L. Cohen/WireImage4 of 16
- Photo: London Ent/Splash News5 of 16
- Photo: Bauer-Griffin6 of 16
- Photo: Bruja/PacificCoastNews.com7 of 16
- Photo: Albert L. Ortega/WireImage8 of 16
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News9 of 16
- Photo: FS2/WENN10 of 16
- Photo: Jean Baptiste Lacroix/WireImage11 of 16
- Photo: Orchon/Retna Digital12 of 16
- Photo: Invision/AP13 of 16
- Photo: Jorge Herrera/Invision/AP14 of 16
- Photo: Clemens Bilan/Invision/AP15 of 16
Christina Aguilera is considering reconciling with her estranged father.
Aguilera has long been open about the physical and mental abuse her mother Shelly suffered at the hands of former Army Sgt. Fausto. The pair eventually fled and moved in with the singer's grandmother.
Aguilera was estranged from her father for a decade until they briefly reunited in 2009, before the superstar realized there were too many bad memories to make him a constant in her life.
RELATED: 2011 Grammy Red-Carpet Arrivals
But she says that now might be the right time to give her dad another chance.
She tells Latina magazine, "I've talked about how rough things were for me and I'm sure he's heard it. He can't be thrilled about it. So maybe one day we can do lunch. ... I'm 31 years old now. Maybe it's time."
RELATED: Shocking Celebrity Splits
Fall's Best Looks
New fashion trends are here! Take a look at celebrities rocking fall's best looks so far.Watch Video »
Tats for Love
From Heidi Klum and Seal to Ryan Sweeting and Kaley Cuoco, see which stars got tattoos for love.Watch Video »
Shailene Woodley and the stars of "Divergent" chat phobias and on-set injuries at the film's world premiere.Watch Video »
Go behind the scenes at the 2015 Life Is Beautiful Music & Art Festival in Las Vegas with Rosario Dawson, Kat Graham, Snoop Dogg and more!Watch Video »
Kaley Cuoco spends time with friends and family -- and lots of horses! -- in the wake of her breakup on this week's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Pets & Love
Miranda Lambert opens up about self-esteem issues, her husband Blake Shelton and her involvement with Pedigree Dog Charity.Watch Video »