Christina Aguilera eyes reunion with estranged father
- Photo: NORMAN SCOTT/StarTraks1 of 16
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage2 of 16
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage3 of 16
- Photo: L. Cohen/WireImage4 of 16
- Photo: London Ent/Splash News5 of 16
- Photo: Bauer-Griffin6 of 16
- Photo: Bruja/PacificCoastNews.com7 of 16
- Photo: Albert L. Ortega/WireImage8 of 16
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News9 of 16
- Photo: FS2/WENN10 of 16
- Photo: Jean Baptiste Lacroix/WireImage11 of 16
- Photo: Orchon/Retna Digital12 of 16
- Photo: Invision/AP13 of 16
- Photo: Jorge Herrera/Invision/AP14 of 16
- Photo: Clemens Bilan/Invision/AP15 of 16
Christina Aguilera is considering reconciling with her estranged father.
Aguilera has long been open about the physical and mental abuse her mother Shelly suffered at the hands of former Army Sgt. Fausto. The pair eventually fled and moved in with the singer's grandmother.
Aguilera was estranged from her father for a decade until they briefly reunited in 2009, before the superstar realized there were too many bad memories to make him a constant in her life.
RELATED: 2011 Grammy Red-Carpet Arrivals
But she says that now might be the right time to give her dad another chance.
She tells Latina magazine, "I've talked about how rough things were for me and I'm sure he's heard it. He can't be thrilled about it. So maybe one day we can do lunch. ... I'm 31 years old now. Maybe it's time."
RELATED: Shocking Celebrity Splits
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is up to today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »