Alec Baldwin ignoring alleged stalker's Twitter plea to drop charges
- Photo: KH1/WENN1 of 17
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage2 of 17
- Photo: KYLE ROVER/StarTraks3 of 17
- Photo: JAVIER MATEO/StarTraks4 of 17
- Photo: JAVIER MATEO/StarTraks5 of 17
- Photo: IZ2/WENN6 of 17
- Photo: HRC/WENN7 of 17
- Photo: IZ2/WENN8 of 17
- Photo: Alec Baldwin/Twitter9 of 17
- Photo: Ski/Bauer-Griffin10 of 17
- Photo: Vince Bucci/Invision/AP11 of 17
- Photo: Jackson Lee/NPG12 of 17
- Photo: FREDDIE BAEZ/NPG13 of 17
- Photo: BJJ/Fame Flynet14 of 17
- Photo: Felipe Ramales/PacificCoastNews.com15 of 17
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP16 of 17
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
Actor Alec Baldwin has brushed off a Twitter appeal by his alleged stalker to drop legal action against her, saying the social networking site is not a suitable forum to argue her case.
RELATED: Celebrities and their stalkers
Canadian actress Genevieve Sabourin stands accused of bombarding the "30 Rock" star with emails and making unwelcome visits to his New York home after they enjoyed a night out together in 2010.
She was arrested outside his Manhattan home in April and is now facing a number of harassment and stalking charges, while she has also been ordered not to contact Baldwin or his new wife, Hilaria Thomas.
The two parties are trying to settle the matter out-of-court to avoid the case going to trial, and on Friday Sabourin issued a public plea to the actor to put an end to her misery by picking up the phone to discuss the issue directly.
In an emotional rant, she wrote, "I'm humiliated + destroyed + exhausted... Alec Baldwin broke my reputation, $$ [money], work... family + friends. Above all, he destroyed my dreams + ability 2 [to] believe in love + justice + 2 trust again... Want 2 call Alec Baldwin direct w [with] no lawyers interfering 2 fix this mess...
"Can't take it anymore... Why [does] Alec Baldwin maintain my injustice [sic] + pain when he know I suffer... I want my charges to drop 2 be free again [sic]."
However, Baldwin is refusing to bow to her Twitter request and a post on his micro-blogging page on Sunday suggests he is determined to let his legal representatives handle the case through the courts.
The actor, who does mention Sabourin by name, writes, "u [sic] can create all the false Twitter accts [accounts] u want in order to make your case. But you don't testify in court via Twitter. Y'all get me now?"
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTUnder Pressure
From Crowd Ignite