Alec Baldwin: 'Marriage will take priority over work'
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage1 of 16
- Photo: Ski/Bauer-Griffin2 of 16
- Photo: Vince Bucci/Invision/AP3 of 16
- Photo: Jackson Lee/NPG4 of 16
- Photo: FREDDIE BAEZ/NPG5 of 16
- Photo: BJJ/Fame Flynet6 of 16
- Photo: Felipe Ramales/PacificCoastNews.com7 of 16
- Photo: Felipe Ramales/PacificCoastNews.com8 of 16
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP9 of 16
- Photo: CONTRAST/StarTraks10 of 16
- Photo: CONTRAST/StarTraks11 of 16
- Photo: Sara De Boer/StarTraks12 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage13 of 16
- Photo: ELIOT PRESS/Bauer-Griffin14 of 16
- Photo: Aurore Marechal/StarTraks15 of 16
Actor Alec Baldwin is determined to make his second marriage work by putting his relationship before his work and keeping it as "normal" as possible.
The "30 Rock" star is convinced his first marriage, to actress Kim Basinger, was put under immense strain because of their busy work schedules, and he wants his second union to be "different."
Baldwin married yoga instructor Hilaria Thomas in June and he has vowed to make her his first priority.
He tells Total Film magazine, "I want it to be different. When I was younger, I was married to a woman who was very successful."
"When you're both in the business, you both know that you're going to light one film off the other. It's like chain smoking. You just have to do one after the other. You sense that this isn't right, you have this daunting, overwhelming, overarching priority that takes you away for long periods at a time."
"Now I'm with someone who's not in the business and I would like to have a different life this time, have it be more normal."
He adds of his marriage to Basinger, which ended in 2002, "If you took a stopwatch and a calendar and you mapped out how much time you really got to spend that was private and real, it's startlingly little ... You put a lot of energy into ... your work."
"You do the best you can at the time, but a marriage has to be a priority."
Hilary Duff, Katy Perry and more stars debut new 'dos on Instagram on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The ladies of "Pretty Little Liars" take New York City by storm on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian West and Kanye West to Sofia Vergara and Joe Manganiello, check out these red carpet PDA moments!Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Kim's Bikini Bod
Kim Zolciak-Biermann flaunts her bikini bod during a family vacation to the beach on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Taylor Swift and her brother celebrate Easter with an epic egg hunt on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek in Photos
From Crowd Ignite