Alec Baldwin's daughter shrugged off angry voice mail
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP1 of 17
- Photo: IZ2/WENN2 of 17
- Photo: HRC/WENN3 of 17
- Photo: IZ2/WENN4 of 17
- Photo: Alec Baldwin/Twitter5 of 17
- Photo: Ski/Bauer-Griffin6 of 17
- Photo: Vince Bucci/Invision/AP7 of 17
- Photo: Jackson Lee/NPG8 of 17
- Photo: FREDDIE BAEZ/NPG9 of 17
- Photo: BJJ/Fame Flynet10 of 17
- Photo: Felipe Ramales/PacificCoastNews.com11 of 17
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP12 of 17
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage13 of 17
- Photo: CONTRAST/StarTraks14 of 17
- Photo: CONTRAST/StarTraks15 of 17
- Photo: Sara De Boer/StarTraks16 of 17
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
Alec Baldwin's daughter, Ireland, failed to understand why an angry voice mail message from her father became headline news in 2007, because she simply shrugged off the family dispute.
The 16-year-old, whose mother is Baldwin's ex-wife, Kim Basinger, has spoken for the first time about the infamous answering machine message, in which her dad called her a "rude, thoughtless little pig."
RELATED: Baby For Alec Baldwin?
The voicemail leaked on the Internet and made headlines across the world, with Baldwin subsequently admitting the scandal sent him into a deep depression which left him contemplating suicide.
However, Ireland is adamant the voicemail wasn't a "big deal" as she wasn't upset by her father's angry tone and the disagreement was settled in a quick phone call.
RELATED: Star Slipups: Forgiven & Forgotten?
She tells the New York Post's Page Six Magazine, "The only problem with that voice mail was that people made it out to be a way bigger deal than it was. He's said stuff like that before just because he's frustrated. For me it was like, 'OK, whatever.' I called him back, I was like, 'Sorry Dad, I didn't have my phone.' That was it."
RELATED: Bing: Famous Custody Battles
In the interview, Ireland also opens up about her relationship with her new stepmother, Hilaria Thomas, who married Baldwin over the summer, insisting they get along very well.
She adds, "Hilaria and I are really close. She's like a big sister to me, but I feel like I haven't spent enough time with her yet. We joke around, and I call her 'mom.' But I respect her, it's not like I'm 'Parent Trap'-ping her, setting up booby traps in her room."
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTStork Report
From Crowd Ignite