Amanda Bynes unfit to stand trial in DUI case, attorney says
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage1 of 12
- Photo: JD/Fame Flynet2 of 12
- Photo: Christopher Peterson/Splash News3 of 12
- Photo: @amandabynes/Twitter4 of 12
- Photo: Splash News5 of 12
- Photo: WENN6 of 12
- Photo: Jemal Countess/WireImage7 of 12
- Photo: Jeff Steinberg/Pacific Coast News8 of 12
- Photo: Dziekan/Retna Digital9 of 12
- Photo: © Scott Harrison/Retna Ltd.10 of 12
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage11 of 12
By Wonderwall editors
Amanda Bynes is mentally unfit to stand trial in her DUI case, according to her attorney.
TMZ reports that the former actress, who is currently hospitalized and reportedly receiving treatment for a mental illness, missed her Sept. 24 court date for the April 2012 case. "Amanda's lawyer, Rich Hutton, told the judge Amanda did not have the mental capacity to understand the nature of the legal proceedings," writes TMZ.
As a result, the judge was said to have transferred the case to mental health court, leaving it in that court's jurisdiction to determine Bynes' mental competency.
Reuters later confirmed that the judge did move the case to a mental health court where it could be more fairly processed.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is up to today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSweet Snaps
From Crowd Ignite