Anderson Cooper on Bristol Palin: Get Off TV, Get a Real Job!
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP1 of 24
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP2 of 24
- Photo: Jason DeCrow/Invision/AP3 of 24
- Photo: Diane Cohen/Fame Pictures/Fame Flynet4 of 24
- Photo: IZ2/WENN5 of 24
- Photo: Jason Merritt/WireImage6 of 24
- Photo: WENN7 of 24
- Photo: WENN8 of 24
- Photo: AP1/http://www.wenn.com/9 of 24
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com10 of 24
- Photo: Mike Giro/Retna Ltd.11 of 24
- Photo: Adriana M. Barraza/WENN12 of 24
- Photo: Nigel Patrick/Splash News13 of 24
- Photo: Al Grillo/Invision/AP14 of 24
- Photo: Alex Brandon/Invision/AP15 of 24
- Photo: Susan Walsh/Invision/AP16 of 24
- Photo: ZO5/WENN17 of 24
- Photo: JCA/ZOJ/WENN18 of 24
- Photo: JAD/ZOJ/WENN19 of 24
- Photo: INB/WENN20 of 24
- Photo: PS3/WENN21 of 24
- Photo: MWH/WENN22 of 24
- Photo: NLA/ZOJ/WENN23 of 24
On Monday's "Dancing With the Stars: All-Stars," Bristol Palin burst into tears and stormed out on her partner Mark Ballas during a rehearsal session -- but Anderson Cooper calls the single mom's moment of weakness brilliant TV.
"Anyone who is on a reality show knows that to get attention, you have to have a wardrobe malfunction, throw up, have a breakdown -- have a storyline. Bristol Palin is a genius because last night she developed a storyline that made her very sympathetic," Cooper said on Tuesday's "Anderson Live" of the 21-year-old, who tearfully argued that Ballas did not support her as much as he did previous partners Shawn Johnson and Sabrina Bryan. ("You are not even there," Palin complained, before storming out of the rehearsal space. "You didn't turn up to rehearsal! I feel like you want to go home.")
Following her televised meltdown, Palin danced the paso doble with Ballas and earned 22.5/30 points -- their highest score yet.
As Palin celebrates her Monday night accomplishment on the dance floor, Cooper suggests that the Alaska-bred mother to Tripp, 3, reconsider documenting her life for reality TV cameras.
"I am thinking of starting a job fair for people ... who just need to get jobs, [like] Lindsay Lohan, Bristol Palin. I think they just need to get jobs, stop being on TV!" mused the talk show host of Palin and troubled actress Lohan, 26.
Bristol's mother, former Alaska governor Sarah Palin, supported her oldest daughter at Monday's taping just hours after a suspicious package addressed to Bristol arrived at the "DWTS" set and prompted a police investigation. Later, Sarah took to her Facebook page to applaud Bristol's grace under added pressure.
"Do the haters really think this will stop Bristol and Mark and the show's producers from keepin' on keepin' on? Silly critics -- after all these years of goofy antics like this we find these efforts are actually quite motivating!" Sarah wrote. "Bristol's not letting this get her down."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Tats for Love
From Heidi Klum and Seal to Ryan Sweeting and Kaley Cuoco, see which stars got tattoos for love.Watch Video »
Real 'RHOC' Dish