Ariel Winter's grandfather defends daughter in abuse claims
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage1 of 19
- Photo: Nikki Nelson/WENN2 of 19
- Photo: AdMedia/Retna Ltd.3 of 19
- Photo: GettyImages.com4 of 19
- Photo: AXELLE WOUSSEN/Bauer-Griffin5 of 19
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage6 of 19
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage7 of 19
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage8 of 19
- Photo: Alexandra Wyman/WireImage9 of 19
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP10 of 19
- Photo: WENN11 of 19
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage12 of 19
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage.com13 of 19
- Photo: BOB D'AMICO/American Broadcasting Companies14 of 19
- Photo: Promotional15 of 19
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage16 of 19
- Photo: .17 of 19
- Photo: Mark Davis/GettyImages.com18 of 19
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
Ariel Winter's grandfather has spoken out in defense of his daughter following claims she is abusing the teenage actress.
James Batistas insists his daughter Chrystal Workman is a "very good mother to all the children" and that he never witnessed any abuse of the “Modern Family” star. Winter stated in court last month that she was subjected to ongoing physical and emotional abuse including "vile name calling" and "slapping, hitting and pushing,” which Workman denies.
RELATED: Winter's mom denies abuse claims
The 14-year-old was removed from her mother's home following the allegations and her older sister Shanelle Workman now has temporary guardianship In a declaration filed in the guardianship case, Batistas writes, "I have never seen any abuse from my daughter or son-in-law towards my granddaughters neither physical nor emotionally."
In the document, Batistas adds that Shanelle lived with him when she was 16 after she also accused her mother of abuse, nearly 20 years ago. Shanelle was in the foster care system for more than two years before Batistas took custody and moved her to his home in Virginia, according to TMZ.com Batistas ended his statement by insisting he wants to see his family reunited.
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWedding Pics
From Crowd Ignite